Terms and Conditions
Event Rules & Guidelines
The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits and to be compliant with applicable England Athletics and International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) regulations for participant performance records and event liability.
All entry fees are non-refundable and Coniston 14 Race retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
1. Each entrant must register with TDL via the Coniston 14 website. They are responsible for timing the event. 2. An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email. A separate email address for each participant is required. 3. To register for the race you must be 18 years of age or older on event day.
4. Runners’ personal data will be used solely to organise and administer the race and will only be shared with organisations like Active Leisure and TDL who collect fees and time the individual’s performance. We will not hold any medical data.
5. Our compliance officer will contact any agency to which we have forwarded data to ensure compliance with GDPR 6. Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event. 7. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against Coniston 14 Race. 8. Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement of 3 hours. 9. All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of their race number. 10. By taking part, all participants confirm that race numbers and the information contained on the reverse can be used by marshals, race officials and medical services in communications with each other to identify casualties and their location.. 11. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise the Coniston 14 Road Race.
12. Participant race numbers are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person. Transfers between runners can only be done through the race secretary. Sale and/or transfer of race entries are strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
13. Race numbers remain the property of the Race organisers 14. All entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred toward a future event.
1. Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers throughout the duration of the event. 2. Every participant shall be provided with an event number, which shall be conspicuously worn on the front during the event. The event number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate number. 3. Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, Nordic sticks, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted on the course.
COURSE MONITORING AND SAFETY
1. No persons are authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants. Therefore, no person shall be allowed to accompany a participant if he/she is not registered in the event, nor shall any participant be allowed, without the permission of the event management, to receive assistance or refreshment from anyone during the progress of the event. Any person not properly displaying an authorized and issued race number shall be directed to leave the course.
2. This event is run under England Athletics rules and therefore MP3 players or other devices plugged into the ear are banned whilst running for reasons of health & safety, both yours and other competitors. When you wear such a device you are unable to hear other competitors, cars, bicycles or marshals instructions.
3. Medical personnel authorized by the event to do so may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorized medical personnel it is in the best interest of the participant’s health and welfare, medical personnel may remove the participant from the event.
4. Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff or official medical staff. 5. Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event.
6. Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.
1. All participants are assigned a chip timing device. 2. Clock time (gun time) is the official time for all prizes. The official times shall be recorded from the start of the race by the starting gun to the point where the participant crosses the finish line. 3. Participants must begin the event during the official recognized starting time in order to register an official course completion time. 4. All results will be fully available on the event website after the race.
AMENDMENTS / RESERVATIONS / ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
1. Event officials reserve the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules. 2. Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event. 3. Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize and removal from official results. 4. The Coniston 14 Race follows, and participants are subject to, the rules specified by England Athletics and IAAF. Please visit englandathletics.org and iaaf.org for additional information concerning the rules mandated by the governing bodies for the sport.
In order to run in the Coniston 14 Race runners agree the following disclaimer and to the Terms & Conditions: I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by the laws and rules of England Athletics. I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. I also hereby give my permission to Coniston 14 Race to use my name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes. I also understand that entry fees are non-refundable.